Washington University School of Medicine faculty members nominate their peers for Distinguished Faculty Awards. The honors are recognition of their colleagues’ wide-ranging achievements, talents and dedication.
The recipients, recognized for excellence in clinical care, community service, research and teaching, received the awards in a ceremony Feb. 26 at the Eric P. Newman Education Center on the Medical Campus….
Mentoring of Junior Faculty
- Barbara J. Norton, PhD, professor of physical therapy and of neurology.
Graduate Student Teaching or Mentoring
- Robyn S. Klein, MD, PhD, professor of medicine, of pathology and immunology, and of neuroscience, and vice provost and associate dean for graduate education for the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences.
Graduate Medical Education/Residents or Clinical Fellows
- Susan E. Mackinnon, MD, the Sydney M. Shoenberg Jr. and Robert H. Shoenberg Professor of Surgery, and director of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery….
- Megan T. Baldridge, MD, PhD, assistant professor of medicine.
- Samantha A. Morris, PhD, assistant professor of developmental biology and of genetics.
- Michael S. Diamond, MD, PhD, the Herbert S. Gasser Professor of Medicine, a professor of molecular microbiology, and of pathology and immunology.
- Steven E. Petersen, PhD, James S. McDonnell Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, and a professor of radiology, of neurology and of psychological & brain sciences….
…Daniel P. Schuster Award for Distinguished Work in Clinical and Translational Science
- Eric C. Leuthardt, MD, professor of neurological surgery, of neuroscience, and of biomedical engineering and mechanical engineering & materials science.