The James S. McDonnell Department of Genetics invites you to attend the Stephen L. Johnson Symposium. We hope you will be able to join us as we celebrate the life of Dr. Stephen Johnson.
- 12:15p Introduction
- 12:30p John Rawls (Duke University), “Microbial Regulation of Intestinal Epithelial Gene Expression”
- 1:00p Judith Eisen (University of Oregon), “Remembrances of Steve and Beyond: Zebrafish as a Model to Investigate Interactions Between the Microbiome and Nervous System”
- 1:30p Gary Patti (WashU Chemistry), “Stories of Zebrafish Metabolomics Loaded with Chekhov’s Forbidden Guns”
- 2:00p Kelly Monk (Oregon Health Science University), “Molecular and Genetic Analysis of Myelination”
- 2:30p Break
- 3:00p Kenneth Poss (Duke University), “Screening for Triggers of Heart Regeneration”
- 3:30p David Parichy (University of Virginia), “Zebrafish Pigment Pattern: 20 Years On”
- 4:00p Marnie Halpern (Carnegie Institution for Science), “Genetic, Reverse Genetic and Transgenic Strategies: Under the Influence of Steve”
- 4:30p Jonathan Gitlin (Marine Biological Laboratory), “Peptidylglycine Alpha-Amidating Monooxygenase in Early Vertebrate Development”
- Reception following talks
For inquiries contact Debbie Peterson.