Designed to acknowledge the most original and important accomplishments in Neuroscience research at WashU by a predoctoral student or postdoctoral fellow
Congratulations to the 2023 winners!
Simone Brioschi, PhD
Marco Colonna lab
WashU Pathology & Immunology
Jung Uk Kang
Graduate student, Neuroscience Program
Lawrence Snyder lab
Congratulations to Simone and Jung Uk! They will each received a $1000 prize. It was a very impressive competition this year, showcasing the tremendous breadth and quality of Neuroscience research here at WashU!
Congratulations to all of the 2023 finalists!
- Simone Brioschi, PhD, Colonna lab (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
- Ricardo D’Oliveira Albanus, PhD, Harari lab (WashU Psychiatry)
- Max Herzberg, PhD, Luby and Barch labs (WashU Psychiatry and Psychological & Brain Sciences)
- Nimansha Jain, Holtzman lab (WashU Neurology)
- Jung Uk Kang, Snyder lab (WashU Neuroscience)
- Kelsey Krus, DiAntonio lab (WashU Developmental Biology)
- Alessandro Livi, PhD, Padoa-Schioppa lab (WashU Neuroscience)
- Jose Mazzitelli, Kipnis lab (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
- Zhao Sun, PhD, Yoo lab (WashU Developmental Biology)
- Shoutang Wang, PhD, Colonna lab (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
Dr. James L. O’Leary joined the faculty of the Department of Anatomy at Washington University in 1928. In 1948 he joined the faculty of the Department of Neurology, becoming Head of the Department in 1946, remaining until 1971. For many years, neuroscience research at Washington University was conducted by Dr. O’Leary and his colleagues. They developed an interdisciplinary and interactive approach to the study of the nervous system that continues today. Dr. O’Leary’s colleagues, admirers, and former students established a fund in 1975 to award a prize each year to a graduate student and/or postdoctoral fellow or resident for excellence in neuroscience research.
Each year, a past O’Leary Prize recipient is invited to be a guest judge and present the O’Leary Lecture. The guest judge, Terrance Kummer (WashU Neurology), will deliver the O’Leary Lecture on Wednesday March 15, 2023.